Saturday, November 30, 2019

Liz - Miyako Quilt

Isn't this quilt a beauty?!!
Early Thanksgiving morning I finished this beautiful Miyako Quilt (Jinny Beyer pattern) for Liz.  I would have been finished a few days earlier, but hubby required my assistance while finishing our last room of tile!  Of course, I shared everything about the quilt - the design process, how using the fabric helps in quilting, sharing some continuous paths for background quilting within pieced blocks, and how/why I did the quilting - on my Quilty Know-How Facebook Group (subscription required - its quite affordable, at $5/month paid yearly, and jammed packed with information.

It was quite windy outside so this is the calmest photo I could manage.  Yep, the boards are still buried but once again my son was super helpful (and tall).  I just love the colors -- those stars really pop right off the quilt!

And a couple detail photos: