Thursday, December 13, 2018

Silvia's Road Less Traveled

Late last night (or maybe the wee hours of today depending on how you look at it) I finished Silvia's Road Less Traveled quilt.  The pattern is Road Trip by Chris Jurd.  I tried to keep the quilting as eclectic as Silvia's many fabric choices!  I know these aren't the best photos - remember, it was late and today's weather is drizzly and grey so this is what we've got!


And since the lighting isn't the best, here are a bunch of detail pics:


In the photo above and below you can see the result of one of my favorite stencils by Jodi Robinson, it's called Circle Pop. 

I also used Gina Perkes-Tidwell's medium June ruler to do the continuous ovals in the curved sashings. 

Aren't these the coolest feathers!  They are in my about-to-be-finished book, Fast Forward Feathers -- watch here for pre-sale and release dates (it'll be very soon)!

And a couple pics of the back:


If you want to see a video of the stitching on this beauty, subscribe to my Patreon account - https://www.patreon.com/quiltyk.