Saturday, July 28, 2018

Diane's Tablerunner

I had to an opportunity to work on Diane's table runner.  It will be the sample for one of her upcoming classes on needle turn applique.  She does beautiful work!!


So first I had to mark the table runner.  I made a little tutorial (subscription required) on how I did this over on my patreon page.  It was marked using my Big D ruler as well as Jessica's Orbiter (another of my favorite tools).

This is what it looked like after marking as I was preparing to baste it on the backing:

I began with the framework around the edges as well as the fills:

From there it was on to the ditch work... lots of ditchwork:

And then the center accent feathers and my signature fan fill for the background:

And one more peek at Diane's gorgeous applique!

So, remember, I share most of the detail stitching in videos as well as tips, tricks, tutorials, and whatever I might be working on over on my patreon page.  Yes, it is a subscription, it is a small monthly fee, and you can cancel at any time (but if you do you might miss something really fun).