Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A Day at the Beach!

Barb's raffle quilt for the Sunbonnet Sue Guild of Vero Beach is finished -- wouldn't you love to win this beauty! It is so Florida and conveys a true sense of a-day-at-the-beach, so it is aptly named!

I'm sure Barb had many wonderful ladies help her put this beauty together.  I'm pretty sure the show is in February of 2019 - you can contact Barb for ticket information.  Oh, and this beauty is a big one -- I had to fold over the top border for the picture as it was longer than my photo boards!

Some of the fabric truly led the path for my quilting -- for the shells on the inner border I traced each one adding some detail lines where necessary.  Also, the outer border where I added swirls along the fabric pattern to simulate water eddies.  The ladies choose some great fabrics for this quilt!  They didn't want the quilting super heavy -- sometimes that gets a little difficult when you're trying to create so much detail, but I think I managed okay.

Here are a bunch of detail pics:













If you'd like to see some real-time stitching on this quilt, as well as many other videos, you can subscribe to my patreon page (small monthly subscription fee applies) https://www.patreon.com/quiltyk.