Sunday, April 15, 2018

Jan's Africa Quilt

I finished Jan's Africa quilt.  It was a lot of fun, Jan's quilts almost always are.  She incorporates many fabrics she found in Africa as well as buttons and beads, many of which are also from her safari adventures.

I think this is the fourth or fifth Africa-inspired quilt that I've quilted for her.  I try to keep each block similar but different.  On this quilt, I used a smoke colored monofilament as I wanted to be able to cut-through the sashings without distracting from the blocks.

Following are some pictures - if you'd like to see all the photos as well as video of my stitching the blocks, you can subscribe to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/quiltyk) where I share videos and helpful hints/tips.  And better yet, when you sign up, you'll immediately have access to 25+ videos that are already there!