Thursday, November 17, 2011

World Quilt Show Florida III (2) SAQA Exhibit

While at the World Quilt Show Florida III I was able to view an unbelievable special exhibit entitled SAQA: Layers of Memory (Curated by: Doria Anne Goocher).  For more information about SAQA, visit their website.

Here are my favorites from the exhibit:

"Shattered" 42x36
by Betty Busby of Albuquerque, New Mexico



"Tribute to the Past" 45x35
by Genevieve Attinger of Pontivy, France



"Under the Watchful Eye of Queen Charlotte II" 45.5x29.5
by Deborah Langsam of Charlotte, NC



"Homeless Love" 34x24
by Mary Pal of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada



"Dream Music" 40x39
by Jennifer Day of Sante Fe, New Mexico



"Love is Patient, Love is Kind" 36x32
by Holly Adkins-Ardrey of Columbus, Ohio



These were some amazing pieces.  I have to mention (my friends all know this already) I am in a very gray monotone phase right now... but after looking at these pictures, it doesn't look like such a bad place to be.