Friday, August 17, 2012

Cathy's Embroidery Quilt

It's been about two weeks since I loaded Cathy's quilt.  So let's rewind to the unquilted top... beautiful colors (purple Fairy Frost), beautiful embroideries (Hatched in Africa, I believe), all just waiting for my stitches!

This quilt was what I call a monsta' -- king size, 111 inches by 111 inches.  The original plan for this quilt had the sashing in a different color/fabric.  I am sooooooo glad that Cathy couldn't find a color that didn't detract from the embroideries.  Why?  Because once you change the sashing colors it kind of limits the quilting space -- at least this is how I feel.

So here come some awesome pictures of the quilting process:





And finally, the finished quilt:

And it is a crappy picture -- it does not do the quilt justice.  The quilt is longer than my ceilings are high, so this is the best I could do.  Cathy's Mom sure is a lucky lady, she can't wait to get the quilt... well, in between some shows!

4 comments:

  1. The quilt is breathtaking. And the in progress photos are educational. You did a lot of fill-work sooner than I would have expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it was going to be epic, and I was right!! Such a beautiful canvas to start with for you to work your wonderful quilty magic. Angels!! They're singing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Karen! Wow! Thank you so much for sharing. You're such an inspiration!
    Maggie in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous quilt! I can't help wondering about how many hours you worked on this... it's HUGE!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments: