Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Paint dust...

I don't want this to sounds as if I'm bashing -- but I did warn you -- sometimes we get the "ugly" -- for those that know me, you know I'm just venting...

Anyway... I HATE PAINTED FABRIC! There, that wasn't rude at all now was it? Now, don't think I'm talking about beautiful art like my mermaid or owl... NO, I'm talking about manufactured painted-on patterns... you know, tone-on-tones, but they're not really... they are white or cream fabric with PAINT as the pattern, and no, not high-quality paint. But let me stop the venting and show you why.

Here's a pic of painted fabric so that everyone is on the same page (I must apologize for not knowing the manufacturer of this specific fabric)...


Okay... here is what my machine looks like normally...



And here is my machine after one tiny little section of painted fabric...


LOOK AT ALL THAT PAINT DUST! It is everywhere, in the bobbin, on the tracks, everywhere -- oh yes, my lungs too. Now this doesn't mean you shouldn't use this fabric -- this is just my own personal opinion and its more of a mess and clean-up issue than anything else.

Either way, I would love to hear your opinion on this subject!