Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shopping...



Here is some fabric I purchased at a cute little shop in Mount Holly, the Village Quilter, not a real big store, but some really nice stuff. Anyway, I think this fabric will become another Onion quilt, since I "lost" that one to my sister. You can read more about the original onion quilt here, here, or here.




Here is some beautiful silk dupioni that I found at the Little Sewing Shoppe, also in Mount Holly. The photo does not do it justice (as usual), it is a beautiful lavender purple and the other piece is a crisp snowy white. I am planning a "modified" wholecloth using both pieces, yes I know, it won't really be a wholecloth if I piece them, but it will be awesome. I'll have to figure this one out... 1 1/3 yard of the purple (that's all that was left) and a 1 1/2 of the white. Apparently these were pretty popular colors.
Both of these stores are part of Mill Race Village, an eclectic little village of artisan shops and hand-made goods. It is part of a restoration project of a very old neighborhood in an attempt to preserve the history of Mount Holly.