Monday, August 17, 2009

Sharon Schamber Trunk Show

I had the honor of meeting Sharon Schamber last night, which is great because she is one of the master quilters that I strive to be like! The Martin County Quilters Guild hosted a trunk show by Sharon and all I can say is WOW! She is amazing. I have seen her work, studied her stitches, and watched several of her DVD's -- nothing can compare to seeing her beautiful quilts in person. The ability to walk up, look at them, touch them, study them... I'm still on an over-stimulated stitching high from last night! I couldn't even absorb all the beauty in each and every quilt; like I said, it was over-stimulation for me.

On top of all that, Sharon is an amazing person! I wish I could have spent the entire night just listening to all her thoughts and ideas. I'm sure to just spend several minutes in that brain would fill almost a lifetime of creative curiosity. But I had to stop listening several times and just gasp in awe at her work.... again WOW! Thanks to the Martin Guild and also to Kathy, Amy, and Natalie -- it was a great evening!
If you get a chance, check out Sharon's websites http://www.sharonschamber.com/ and http://sharonschambernetwork.com/ . She will definitely spark your creativity!