Monday, July 11, 2016

Quilty Catch-up

So last week I finished two quilts for Jan.  I know I'm late in sharing them, and yes, they've already been shipped back.  It's been busy over here - working on the second Build-A-Stitch book, prepping for my next teaching event at Quilt Odyssey, celebrating an anniversary, and doing that dreaded yard work.  The hubby and I have been spending every weekend pulling out giant palms around our pool enclosure.  What a mess - these palms are like bamboo -- just a massive growth - the more we trimmed them the more they grew - and the root system is like an entire universe!  Anyway, it's been lots of work, and no, we're not finished.  So you can understand why I haven't posted these quilts... when we're done work for the day I tend to just collapse.  Okay enough domestic-type stuff - back to quilty wonderfulness.

First is Jan's Harley T's from around the world - I had to share some of the shirts, they were awesome, and such an appropriate backing fabric:


Then was Jan's wool wildlife quilt.  She always does amazing wool applique quilts.  This one is super cute, and a peek at the backing, too!


Super cuteness, huh?  Now to try and squeeze in two light customs before I have to leave for Quilt Odyssey... fingers crossed!