Monday, August 25, 2014

Donna's Spring Bouquet

You remember my last post where I shared the wavy border on Donna's quilt... silly me, I never shared the finished quilt!

The pattern is Spring Bouquet by Edyta Sitar/Laundry Basket Quilts:





I wish I had better photo-taking places.  Thrown over the Gammill will have to do...
the border was wavy, it was corrected, and now the quilt is flat and even more beautiful.  I hope Donna is pleased with it.  Now I've got to finish two others for Donna's friend.  Those two right after the beauty I'm working on now -- see still behind, but stitching as quickly as possible to catch up!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Karen this has turned out so pretty! well done on the wavy border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Karen! Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the pictures. I have 4 of these type quilts coming up in the next 2 months. I need all of the help you can give me with ideas. Karen you ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magnificent quilt! Tour quilting magic has turned this into a masterpiece. Thank you for showing us the cure for quilting wavy edges. I used that info last night, and it works! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a major WOW quilt! It is so beautiful and has so much work in it that I am sure she was picky about who she would let quilt it. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for showing the steps on how to fix these issues. A video showing how to load and baste a top that is out of square would be awesome. I've seen videos showing how to load, but they never address what to do with a top that is out of square. Looking forward to the video! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and I'm glad you were able to tame the border.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments: