Saturday, October 22, 2011

Avalanche Warning...

Lately I have been in a war of catch-up. It almost feels like a snowball effect, for every step forward I'm taking two back -- just waiting for the full-blown avalanche to hit. Really, I'm sure it's not as bad as I think, and I am catching up slowly. I am NOT complaining, just verbalizing (is that even a word?) my feelings of not being able to breathe. This is actually the busiest I've been in a long time, between life matters, my own personal quilts, my own show quilts, and my wonderful customer quilts... so much is going on right now, and I'm only able to share a tiny piece of it with you... there just isn't enough time in my day to type it all out. So I hope you enjoy these little glimpses of daily happenings bottled up into an almost weekly (but not quite) summary that I call a blog. So, without any further delay here goes:

Edwina's Thimbleberries quilt. This is a Thimbleberries sampler from a few years ago, but Edwina finally finished the piecing (it's a monsta) and it is an oh-so-cute quilt!

Then I went to a great lecture at Martin County Quilters by Maya Schonenberger. WOW... she has some amazing talent. Why I didn't sign up for either of her two workshops I do not know -- I must have been worried about the avalanche and anticipating the chaos and confusion... stupid move on my part. Check out Maya's website for some amazing inspiration!

Then my other guild, PSL Crazy Quilters were having a Halloween Party. Of course, I had to dress up, just had to! Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays, it is the warmup for the holiday season and what is more fun than dressing up, wearing outrageous makeup, and having a ball? So, my bestie and I went and bought some basic t-shirts and transformed them into cute little costumes! I was my usual witch and Nancy was the Fabric Fairy! It was a great party and I wish I had remembered to take pictures of everyone while at the meeting... guess I was having too much fun!

Finally, back to work! Lisa had been waiting for this quilt for forever (really). Since I had taken sooooooooo long to finish it, I decided I'd add some trapunto to the tree for her. So glad I took my time on this quilt because it turned out awesome. Just the quilted tree would have been nice, but the trapunto added that little bit of wow!

Well, there it is in a nutshell. The next two weeks will be total chaos as I'm not only trying to catch-up, I'm also trying to get ahead so that I can leave for Festival without worry that the avalanche will happen while I'm away!