Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dolls, Giraffes, and Stars... oh my!

Once again I am playing catch-up. No, not in real life, here in blogland. Last week I let you all know about the status of my door challenge, but I neglected to fill you in on my work, the real stuff, you know, money making customer quilts, the ones that help pay the bills. So, here goes:

Jan made another super-adorable paper doll quilt. You might remember her other one was in pinks, if not, click here for the original post. This one is done all in blues and is yet another cutie!




Before she left to go back up north, she left her Giraffe wall hanging triology with me... it is made up with some more of the fabrics she got while in Africa. I love this little three-piece hanging. Jan said she plans on embellishing it and then adding some beaded fringe at the bottom of each piece. I can't wait to see what she does with it!




Hopefully by now Jan has received her quilts and is just thrilled with them! She had already informed me that there are two more quilts coming my way over the summer -- can't wait!

On to the stars... Star Light, Star Bright that is, a pattern by Bits n' Pieces. Let me rephrase, an awesome pattern. I have basted one of these for a home-quilter, and now had the opportunity to quilt one for Margy. This is an awesome quilt... I might have to add this pattern to my arsenal of go-to patterns. The blocks are made up in three different sizes along with some applique fillers and makes up a lovely large quilt! I love the scattered blocks in the border, and Margy made it even bigger by adding an additional outside border - love it!