Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Judy's Autumn quilt

You might remember my last post where I mentioned I had two quilts to finish before I leave for MQS next week.  Yeah, well, only one is finished... story of my life, I know!  It just means there will be a little chaos (when isn't there) when I return from teaching.

So back to the quilt, Judy is calling it Autumn.  The pattern from the book Easy Pieces by Margaret Miller.

If you follow on my Facebook page, you'll remember seeing this picture:

You might be noticing a backing on that quilt to be quilted and you'd be correct.  This quilt was already ditch quilted when it turned out to be too much for Judy.  So in having me quilt it for her, she also decided to use a different backing.  So technically I'm re-quilting it.  And, if you type that on my iPhone, autocorrect graciously changes requilt to tequila - funny, huh? We all got a kick out of it!

Keeping with the budget, I decided to stitch piano keys in the borders and then stitch a sort of whimsy scroll type edge-to-edge in the center, leaving the inner border unquilted.  Let me know what you think!