Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Catch up... yes, its been too long!

It's been over a month since my last blog post (kinda sounds like going to confession, huh?). Although I haven't posted a lot has been going on.


I guess I'll start with the fantastic news that one of my clients won Best of Show -- a giant congratulation to her! Remember Claudia's Three of a Kind quilt (pictured to the left) that I quilted back in July - you can read here. Not only did she win Best of Show, but also made the front page of the newspaper - pretty cool!! And, the show awards two ribbons, so here's a peek at new pretties for my wall and a close up of Claudia's photo:


I worked on a quilt for Esta - she calls it her flying geese quilt:



Had some great family time -- and caught some amazing fish!!

And we went to the World Quilt Show - Florida Competition (Mancuso).  This year they moved from West Palm up to Orlando. It was a great day with my Journeys Thru Art group. I took some pics of my favorites - that will have to be another post. Here is a picture of me with Just the Two of Us - sorry about the awful lighting, goofy face, and strange sort of cell phone blur going on:

And then there was Ellen's Chinese Coin quilt... this quilt had some border issues. Not to worry, I fixed it - soon I'll share a slideshow of how I corrected the issues (I'll be sure to share it when it is available).

So here are the finished pics of Ellen's quilt:



Now I'll share the before and after pictures of the problem border.

And I've been busy preparing for two upcoming teaching events - updating class handouts, writing new ones, ordering supplies, and preparing kits.  This is the first time I'm teaching back-to-back and I think it's taking its toll... I am wiped out just in preparations! I would rather be teaching and sharing with all the students than the kits and paperwork part -- creativity is way better than paperwork!

Next week I'll be teaching at the East Coast Gammill/Statler Conference, and the following week I'll be teaching at the PSL Crazy Quilters Biennial Show.  You can follow my teaching events on the Workshops page of my website, or click here.  I can't wait to see & catch up with some of my quilty peeps and, of course, hope to meet a few new ones too!