Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lorraine's Brilliant Beauties of Joy

Last week I started on Lorraine's Brilliant Beauties of Joy quilt (pattern by Jacqueline de Jonge/BeColourful).  What a fun quilt - I won't bore you with words, instead here are some pics:





Oh, and the back of this awesome quilt is an amazing ice dye by Sondra/She's Got Mojo:

So I mentioned I started it last week... yep, a couple of detours.  One of which is my old Gammill had to go in for repairs so that big plan I had on catching up... yeah, well, not this month!  Instead of using two machines, I'm down to one for a few weeks.  Here's a picture of Richard (Pat's Calico Cottage) prepping old Gam for her road trip for some maintenance and new parts:

Up next are two beautiful quilts for Chris - stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to read about your machine needing some work. Must be something more than tweaking if you are sending her off. What kinds of things are you having done? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's a quick fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jaqueline De Jonge quilt patterns. I have done a couple myself and have been at a loss as to how to quilt them. You do such wonderful work, and have given me lots of ideas for quilting the different parts of my own projects. Good luck on getting caught up...eventually.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments: