Thursday, April 28, 2011

UPDATE on last to know...

I received an email this morning from Susan about her Third Place win on Bamboo...

Dear Karen,
Thought you want to know that the Red Bamboo received a 3rd place award in the group category at the Empire Guild 2011 show in New York City. It was the first quilt hanging when you entered the show. You did a beautiful job quilting it. Will also send a shot of the other quilt entered in the show. I can't wait to hang it in my house. The quilting was exactly the look I wanted. Thanks again. Susan


Congratulations again to Susan! And also to all of the winners of that show - click here for a link to see ALL the winners.

It seems that some people were extrememly disturbed by my post of April 7 (click here to reread). I am not apologizing if it bothered you - I am telling it like it is... there is a big problem with not informing longarmers of shows and/or wins. There is an ever bigger problem with not even naming longarmers, this is NOT the case with the post in discussion. It is a team effort, no doubt about it. The quilting should ALWAYS emphasize the piecing and help to tell a story or create a motif/theme, not just tack the quilt together. From my own experience and reading many critiques the quilting of the quilt top is as important as fabric choices, piecing styles, etc. So YES, all longarmers (machine quilters) should be given the opportunity to know about the shows and even read the critiques if they mention anything about the quilting. My post was NEVER intended to bash anyone, nor did I think it read that way. It was more of an informative post on this ever-growing problem.